Aims of the Society
The aims of the Shetland Cattle Herd Book Society are:
- To maintain unimpaired the purity of the breed of Shetland Cattle, and to promote the breeding of these cattle.
- To collect, verify, preserve and publish information relating to said cattle.
- To further the above objects by publishing 'The Shetland Cattle Herd Book'.
- To receive subscriptions and other payments.
- To make Bye-Laws for conducting the business and regulating the proceedings of the Society and to enforce the same by fines or otherwise.
- To expend Society funds for the good of the breed.
- The general purpose of the Society will be charitable.